CATK - The best song on the album

This is a special forum created for discussion of Elton John's new album "The Captain and The Kid" which is destined to be a classic!
ZFGokuSSJ1
I\'ve seen that movie too...

20 Sep 2006, 21:23 #1

The title track is probably the best ending song to an album I've ever heard.------------------
And peace to this young warrior comes with a bullet hole

EltonCroatiaFan
Step on the thin ice lightly...

20 Sep 2006, 21:27 #2

I see your point! Song is great, but what about Harmony, High Flying Bird, Song For Guy, Since God Invented Girls, Blue Avenue, The Last Song, Blessed and This Train Don't Stop There Anymore? Image

ZFGokuSSJ1

20 Sep 2006, 22:42 #3

I've only heard Harmony,High Flying Bird & This Train... and they aren't great ending songs.------------------

Ive Seen The Saucers
Hello, baby hello...

20 Sep 2006, 23:02 #4

I'm torn between the title track and 'Tinderbox' for the best song! After that there's about 4 tied for second place!So many times I'm almost in-tune...
So many times I'm almost in-tune...

elton1111
Back then, I was handsome...

21 Sep 2006, 00:05 #5

I'm surprised you didn't mention Goodbye as one of your top ending songs-- well-- you didn't really list your top ending songs, but I know you are a madman for Madman, and Goodbye seems like an appropriate thing to say.
Anyway, I enjoy the title track as the closer too. I thought at first I would have liked it as the opener, but I think Postcards works well for that, especially the 40 second intro.
there's treasure children always seem to find
and just like us, you must have had a once upon a time
(elton/ bernie)

crazywater
They must have the whole thing planned...

21 Sep 2006, 02:03 #6

Quote:
I've only heard Harmony,High Flying Bird & This Train... and they aren't great ending songs.
Image"...if we all believe in the things you believe you're seeing..." EJ/BT '76The Crazy Water Community

"...if we all believe in the things you believe you're seeing..."
EJ/BT '76

Elton John: The Crazy Water Community

Elton John News Blog

quietplacetodie
Hello, baby hello...

21 Sep 2006, 02:10 #7

I don't like using smilies, but I ditto Crazywater. That's the most shocking statement I've ever heard.
I can't really pick a favorite. I think the album definitely works better as a whole than when listened to on a song by song basis. Definitely a case of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

mad hatter 041

21 Sep 2006, 03:49 #8

This Train was and is one of, if not the, best album closer ever. Shocking, yes, but true. Many others are great too, don't get me wrong. I was shocked at the fact that a certain someone didn't list whatever the closing track is on The Big Picture as one of his all-time favorites.
But as to the most shocking thing ever, um, I still recall someone referring to And the House Fell Down as something like vomit. (hee hee)"I thank the Lord there's people out there like you.
While Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, sons of bankers, sons of lawyers, turn around and say good morning to the night, for unless they see the sky, but they can't, and that is why, they know not if it's dark outside or light."
"I thank the Lord there's people out there like you.

While Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, sons of bankers, sons of lawyers, turn around and say good morning to the night, for unless they see the sky, but they can't, and that is why, they know not if it's dark outside or light."

EltonCroatiaFan
Step on the thin ice lightly...

21 Sep 2006, 06:20 #9

ZFGokus, you should get The One and Made In England albums because The Last Song and Blessed are probably the most emotional and beautiful songs ever written by Elton.
The Last Song will make you cry, it's the most sad song Elton ever wrote.
Blessed sounds very honest and simple and it's gorgeous song!

rolenta
Hello, baby hello...

21 Sep 2006, 17:12 #10

I always thought Curtains was the best album closer and I still stand by that. In fact I'm using Curtains as the musical background for my son's Bar Mitzvah Montage on November 4. It's really come out great. During the slow vocal portion I display photos every three seconds and then dissolve into the next photo. When the refrain begins 3 minutes into the song, I then have the photos advancing from the center of the screen at 2 second intervals. At nearly 6 1/2 minutes I can display 138 photos and the time passes quickly!
Two other great closers that haven't been mentioned are Ticking and All Quiet On The Western Front.