The Fox vs. Captain and the Kid

This is a special forum created for discussion of Elton John's new album "The Captain and The Kid" which is destined to be a classic!

Which is the most underrated album

The Fox
63%
Captain and the Kid
38%

Total votes: 8
chrisbalcar
Step on the thin ice lightly...

02 Mar 2011, 01:22 #1

I've been pondering two albums which were truly underrated by the world, but separated by almost thirty years, I was just wondering if anyone wanted to shed some light onto what they believe? I'm still pretty torn and I'm leaning towards Captain and the Kid, but it's too difficult as of right now.
Last edited by chrisbalcar on 02 Mar 2011, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.

skylinepigeon
Oh the right romantic line...

20 Sep 2013, 03:40 #2

Fox is the more underrated album.  CATK is certainly the better album, but there were such high expectations for it and then when it came out it got -- and deserved -- a lot of kudos.  And it's still viewed very highly.  So the Fox is more underrated even if it's not better.

magnus greel
On a bench, on the beach...

20 Oct 2015, 07:40 #3

The Fox reaches higher, though it stumbles. I prefer it for that. He was pushing himself forward, sounding very unlike himself, and some great songs resulted, with some embarrassing ones. With Captain and the Kid, it's all okay, all listenable from start to finish, but all in the safe inbetween zone, never stumbling, but never soaring, either.
"In my thick skull, a joker hides."-- Taupin, 2001.